NATURE OF WORK:
Provides supervision, performs a variety of customer service, office, maintenance, custodial, and park aide duties on behalf of the Boardman Park and Recreation District.
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Supervise and train 1-4 Campground Park Aides
- Ensure proper cash handling procedures are followed.
- Answering phones in campground booth.
- Take reservations and cancellations for campground sites, gazebos, sport fields, and disk golf course.
- Cashiering of reservations and cancellation fees and other amenity funds.
- Performs campground check to ensure campground rules are obeyed.
- Cleans fire pits after patron departures.
- Picks up litter from parking lots, landscape areas, building entries, and campsites.
- Dusts flat surfaces such as window ledges, file cabinets, etc. in campground booth and main office.
- Ensures gazebos in Marina Park Day Use Area are clean and maintained in good order.
- Assists with the removal of garbage and/or recyclables from buildings or parks.
- Sweeps and mops floors in campground booth and main office.
- Cleans campground, booth, and main office restrooms and laundry room.
- May perform tasks related to maintenance of buildings, such as painting, hanging pictures, moving furniture or supplies.
- May perform tasks related to landscaping of campground, such as weeding, operating lawn mowers, power trimmers and other equipment associated with lawn and landscape care.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and general public.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is performed in and around Districts facilities and involves exposure to dust, dirt, hazardous materials, blood borne pathogens, and cleaning chemicals; subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, kneeling, crouching, performing manual labor, operating equipment, regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Exposure to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS OF:
- Supervision Practices
- District policies and procedures.
- Customer service and cashiering procedures.
- General office software applications.
- Facility and maintenance processes and procedures.
- Occupational hazards and safety practices applicable to custodial work.
- Janitorial equipment and supplies.
- Janitorial principles and practices.
- Principles and practices of safety/security reporting.
- Basic principles of customer service
- Ability to read, understand, write, and speak the English language.
- Cashiering and customer service.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with District personnel and the general public.
- Assisting in maintaining the Districts facilities in a clean and sanitary manner
- Safely handling cleaning chemicals and operating janitorial equipment
- Safely handling maintenance and building equipment.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.