The Recreation Center Aquatic Department staff reserve the right to dismiss, suspend, or prohibit from the facility any person endangering the health, safety, or pleasure of the facility patrons. Guests must acknowledge and abide by facility age guidelines upon entry to the facility.
- Children age 8 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (age 16 or older)
- Children that cannot swim across the deepest part of the pool without assistance will need to be accompanied in the water by a parent or guardian (age 16 or older)
- Children age 8 and under require adult supervision
- Swimming/Water play is only allowed when there is a lifeguard on duty
- All swimmers must shower before entering the pool
- All swimmers must wear a swimsuit. Cut offs, sweat pants, basketball shorts, gym shorts, or other non-aquatic apparel are not permitted.
- Individuals who are not potty-trained must wear swim diapers in addition to swimming suit
- Diaper changing is only allowed in the main locker rooms
- No running on the pool deck
- No diving, cannon balls or jumping into or around the pool
- Only US Coast Guard approved floatation devices are allowed in the pool... NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No floatation devices of any kind are allowed past the 5-foot line during open swim
- BPRD pool toys and equipment are intended for use in swim lessons and not for general use.
- No horseplay, rough housing, hanging on lane lines, inappropriate behavior or excessive splashing is not allowed
- Patrons using the slide must be taller than 48" and be able to pass the swim test.
- Life jackets are prohibited on the slide.
- No more than one person on the slide at a time.
- Lap lanes are intended to accommodate multiple swimmers simultaneously and guests are encouraged to abide by this rule. BPRD staff may ask patrons to share lanes when pool accommodations are limited
- Lifeguards have the authority to require a swim test. Patrons must be able to pass a swim test in order to enter the lap pool. The BPRD Swim test is conducted as follows: Swimmers must jump into the deep end, recover to the surface, tread for 30 seconds and then float on their back before swimming to the side and exiting the water without using a ladder.
- Lifeguard stands are off-limits to everyone, except the Lifeguards. Do not stand under, on, or in front of the lifeguard stand.
- Only life jackets are allowed to be given out to those who need them
- Only BPRD authorized swim lessons are allowed in the facility
- Profanity or any offensive language is prohibited
- No pets, except for qualified service animals for the disabled are permitted in the pool area. Pets are not allowed in the pool
- Guests with open sores, cuts, bandages or communicable diseases are not permitted in the pool
- No food/drink or chewing gum allowed on the pool deck
- Glass containers are prohibited within the facility
- Use lockers in locker room at your own risk
- Cell phones, cameras or other electronic devices may not be used or visible in the locker rooms. This especially applies to cell phones. Video recording and photography is prohibited in the locker room and on the pool deck.
- Guests over five years of age are not permitted to enter the opposite gender restroom/locker room. Please use the family changing rooms
*It shall be a violation for any patron to not comply with any written or oral rules, regulations, or requirements imposed by BPRD Aquatic personnel. Personal conduct in and around the aquatic facilities must be such that the safety of self and others is not jeopardized. Any such violation may result in immediate removal from the facility.
*The Recreation Center Aquatic Department staff reserve the right to dismiss, suspend, or prohibit from the facility and person endangering the health, safety or pleasure of the facility patrons. Guests must acknowledge and abide by the facility age guidelines upon entry to the facility