Front Desk Receptionist
Summary: Serves as receptionist to the Front Lobby/Recreation Center: provides information and direction to citizens and /or employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates front desk lobby area, point of sale, memberships and facility software.
- Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently when possible.
- Distribute marketing materials detailing the benefits of the various activities the district offers.
- Work with schools, groups and other agencies to ensure proper activity space and use of property.
- Compiles and maintains program reports.
- Prepare media information for release and good communication flow with program participants.
- Maintain inventories of office supplies.
- Directs preparation and filing of recreation center documents.
- Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality;
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions;
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans own work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Language Skills Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Mathematical Skills Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.