Title: Marketing Associate
Supervisor: Business Manager
Regular Hours: 20-30 hours week
Schedule: Flexible schedule Monday-Friday
Wage: $ 18.35 - $25.14 per hour
Summary: Under supervision of the Business Manager provides marketing support to the management team and Chief Executive Officer of the Boardman Park & Recreation District.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Propose, present, and execute creative marketing strategies for new and existing programs, activities, etc.
- Outline and develop a digital marketing calendar with input from the Management Team and Chief Executive Officer
- Write compelling, on-brand content for consumer marketing emails and social media posts.
- Review current marketing trends and ads to determine the effectiveness of different styles and strategies.
- Manage company’s social media and google ads, analyze success, strategize and develop updates.
- Look for trade marketing opportunities that support brand growth, present ideas to Management Team and Chief Executive Officer and implement initiatives.
- Seek out co-marketing opportunities, present ideas to Management Team and the Chief Executive Officer.
- Create and present new promotional material ideas with content and layout ideas and collaborate with the team to execute projects.
- Write blog posts that support brand identity and consumer engagement.
- Create, maintain, and update content on company website.
- Be involved with company events and sales outreach.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans own work activities and uses time efficiently.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Dependability - Follows instructions and keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Minimum Required Qualifications
1 year marketing and/sales experience and High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid Oregon Driver’s License
Ability to translate all marketing materials into various languages.