Summary: Keeps premises of Recreation Center in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans office rooms, hallways, lobbies, corridors, weight room, gymnasium, aerobics room, party room, restrooms, locker rooms, and other work areas.
- Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, all surfaces and trim.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors.
- Cleans rugs and carpets.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Polishes metalwork.
- Washes walls, ceilings, and woodwork.
- Empties wastebaskets.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Maintains confidentiality; Remains open new ways of doing things.
- Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information in English.
- Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, and inspires trust of others.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Uses time efficiently.
- Completes work in a timely manner.
- Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, and uses equipment properly.
- Is consistently at work on time and take responsibility for one’s own actions.
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Must be 18 years or older and able to work 40 hours per week
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor, or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of proper use of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances.
- Knowledge of safe disposal and storage of chemical liquids and other hazardous components.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a preferred, but not required.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred but not required.